Ministry Spotlight: Recovering the Church w/Pastor Pinson

Pastor Nickie Pinson

In June 2015, my wife and I had the pleasure of attending the Aggressive Freedom Deliverance Conference put on by the Oasis Church and Pastor John Kyle.

It was during these few days of Christian fellowship and training that we also had the pleasure of meeting Pastor Nickie Pinson and his Assistant Pastor Daniel Riffle.

Immediately, I was impressed with the pastor as he didn't wear a suit and tie, which to me is a good sign, but mostly because of his humble and peaceful nature and attitude.

Also, when I introduced myself and my wife, he showed us love and respect from the beginning, and he saw the love of the truth inside me beyond my flaws; this from a man whom we've never met, nor heard of, before getting ready to attend the conference and saw he'd be a speaker.

The pastor treated me with respect as a man of God in a way I've never before experienced. This had nothing to do with our car, clothes, or reputation either, as we drove in with our 1991 Plymouth Duster with oxidated paint and a radiator that would boil over with enough miles -- truly, it was a miracle we even made it from western Oregon to Billings, Montana for the conference in the first place.

Well, there was a good reason for our going; not only did we get to learn valuable information about the deliverance ministry, have blessed Christian fellowship, and be able to visit my brother and family, but as my wife and I both understand now, God wanted us to meet this man and make a divine connection that would change our lives for the better.

Pastor Pinson went on to deliver some powerful sermons, sing with his wonderful melodic voice and own songs, and pray for the people there.

He ended up even praying for me, although I was reticent about getting into the prayer line, when I did his prophetic words over me in prayer were very powerful, encouraging, and life-changing.

Instead of getting into those prophetic words though, I wanted to write this article to share this wonderful ministry with my readers.

The main attributes I can highlight when it comes to this ministry is that Pastor Pinson and Riffle are not respecters of persons, they are very humble people, and they only want God's will to be done in their lives -- the Holy Spirit is very much honored and followed in this ministry.

Another important aspect of Recovering the Church ministry is the subject matter of Pinson's book called: Recovering the Church From Haggar's Tent, and is the first words you'll see on their website:

"Recovering the church to God's original intention"

I've read the book and agree with its conclusions and remedies, which are simply turning back to the Lord by obeying his inspired word and trusting in Him instead of man's devices.

Specifically, talking about the modern evangelical, prosperity church mentality that's prevalent in our society; instead of looking towards God, pastors are looking towards money and worldly solutions to build and grow the church, rather than towards God in truth, faith, and sincerity.

A good place to follow this ministry is their YouTube channel where they post around 2-3 sermons and teachings every week from the church's pulpit in Texas; specifically, their church is located in Peerless, Texas, which is a small town in the northeast -- hardly on the map.

Pastor Pinson also preaches at the Lake Hamilton Bible Camp regularly, ministers to prisoners and the homeless people in the larger cities nearby, and has built a home called the Shilo House where people can come and stay if they need help.

Personally, this ministry is one of the few my wife and I follow diligently, listening to their weekly sermons, reading his daily emails, and even calling them when in need of counsel.

His sermons are not easy on those who want to play church or love the world, yet this is exactly the type of messages we need in these days full of compromise and confusion.

This ministry is a gem in the rough for those who find it; I encourage readers to listen to the sermons, read the books, listen to his songs (on his website), and support them through prayer and donations if can.

God works mightily with this man of God and through this small church in the middle of nowhere Texas, and it's been one of the most blessed gifts my wife and I've been given in our Christian walk to meet Pastor Pinson and be part of this wonderful and anointed ministry of Jesus Christ.

Pastor Pinson is also the author of multiple books that can be purchased from his website.


Recovering the Church website


Nickie Pinson YouTube Channel


Recovering the Church's Email List




Comments

Follow JLM on Substack