Hudson Taylor: Discipline and Charity

Hudson Taylor cc from commons.wikimedia.org


 I wanted to share some important scriptures with you and relay some thoughts about discipline, Hudson Taylor, and charity. Here are the scriptures:

I Corinthians 13:

  1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.


Hudson Taylor


Lately, I've been blessed find a couple books about Hudson Taylor, which describe his life as a missionary in China in 1850s. The book I'm reading is called: Hudson Taylor & China's Open Century If I Had a Thousand Lives by A.J. Broomhall. 

This is the third book in a series of six by Broomhall, which describe Hudson Taylor's wonderful missionary life experiences from his letters and those close to him during the mid- 1800s.

Taylor was from England and became a missionary and a doctor to the Chinese people in China during the latter half of the 19th Century. What a wonderful man of God he and those around him were in those difficult years of missionary work in that distant land. 

There was an opening then for the Chinese people to be given the gospel, which now has been mostly closed because of the Vatican NWO bringing Mao to power in the mid-1900s. Yet, the work of these missionaries is still growing in China today from my understanding with millions upon millions of Christians worshiping in underground churches all across that great land today.

Apostasy in Modern Churches and Where Liberty is Found


Reading the book shows me something about my life, where my wife and I come up short. The difficulties we face today are so much different, yet it's always the same Satan we face. 

What strikes me about Hudson and those faithful Protestant Christian missionaries the most is their discipline and ability to do without the comforts and pleasures of life.

They suffered greatly with diseases and death, their children dying in infancy, their spouses dying of typhoid and other tropically induced fevers and diseases. And yet they worked tirelessly to spread the gospel and bring comfort to the Chinese people they were trying to reach for Christ Jesus. How far removed we are today from such faithfulness and discipline.

Interestingly, I heard of a modern church today which sent over some teenagers to Vietnam as “missionaries”, although instead of preaching Jesus Christ to the people – they worked at a coffee shop while there? How strange that this big church is spending thousands to have unsaved or undisciplined teenagers go on vacation under the guise of being missionaries? How far removed we are from the Protestant churches of even a 150 years ago.

Going on about the state of apostasy in the modern churches will require too much effort, and if you read this blog you probably understand this anyway. The only thing we can do is look at our lives and ask Jesus to help us improve our relationship with him. 

If only we could get away from this modern beast system and be a missionary in some far away remote part of the earth, but in reality, at this point, there's no escape from the beast system. A scripture comes to mind here:

II Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.

Thankfully, anywhere we're at we have access to true liberty. Even if we're in prison or stuck in the beast system, where nearly everyone around us is possessed with demons and lost to Satan. Praise Jesus for this wonderful promise.

Discipline in Our Lives


As for me and my wife, we struggle to find discipline in our lives. The lack of fellowship is hard for us, as we have yet to find a church not in apostasy of some sort. 

Truly, it's worse to join a church in rebellion and hasn't a love of the truth, than it is to be in the wilderness alone. 

We find fellowship online through ministries around America, sometimes being able to meet them or talk with them on the phone or email. This is the scant and rare fellowship we have in this mind-controlled satanic culture and country of modern America...

How much more so do we need to be disciplined and close to the Lord! And how much more do we need to have charity rather than knowledge, prophecy, and the gifts of God! 

We need to have charity above all things, because only with love can we hold dear the truth above all temptations. And the truth is the Holy Bible and all the commandments and exhortations it gives.

Love isn't a license to accept rebellion and lies, but rather a power to only hold to us the truth in perfect obedience.

God's Judgment


Really, it can't be long until the destruction of the wicked comes upon America. And why would any of us want the judgment of God to be delayed at this point? 

There comes a point when delaying God's judgment will only lead to more lost souls, because at this point, most people in America simply aren't listening to truth anymore. 

There's no fear of God in the land, and this is the problem with Americans – especially those who call themselves Christians; they have the most guilt with the knowledge they have, yet still not obeying or fearing God. Woe unto those who fool themselves into thinking they're something they're not.

How I long to be in heaven with Jesus Christ. Yet, I'm still here in this wicked world having to navigate the beast system with all its insanity and oppression.

People now call this progress, this modern world full of digital paperwork and technological advances. Yet, truly all these modern "advances" are being used to oppress and control the populations more and more. Soon, the mark of the beast will be a reality for all to make their choice.


Also, soon these wicked cities full of abominations will be destroyed in an instant. All the wicked who are flocking to them to sin will be destroyed and without remedy.

This judgment has been prophesied by many real men of God over the last 100 years, and will surely come to pass. Only this destruction and ruination of this wicked land will wake people up to fear the Almighty God in heaven. Only this calamity will snap people out of their apostasy and rebelliousness.

I think Hudson Taylor would understand what I'm saying. As for me and my house, we will worship the Lord Jesus Christ with charity, try to reach the lost, and find the discipline we need to better obey the Holy Bible every day of our lives.
  




Comments

Follow JLM on Substack